I haven't had much of an opportunity to check-in this week, as travel and work have kept me busy. But I have to say that the Alliance conference that I attended Sunday through Wednesday was a great experience.

I had the opportunity to connect with colleagues from other colleges and universities regarding their application and evaluation processes, as well as re-connect with some of my colleagues from Penn State. Additionally, a couple of my co-workers and I gave a presentation on how we developed a self-reported academic record process, and how it integrates into our student information system. All of this while reveling in the sun at the Walt Disney World resort.

We stayed at the Swan & Dolphin Hotel (in the Dolphin), which is walking distance to both the Epcot and Hollywood Studios parks. While we didn't have time to go into the parks during the day, a vendor event allowed us to go to Epcot on Monday night. There we had food and watched "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" (the big fireworks show at that park). Afterward, we went to ride Test Track. Nice work if you can get it!



















While I had a great time, it is nice to be back in Happy Valley where I can get back into a good routine. Plus, my family will be headed out on an actual vacation to Disney World in just a few short weeks!

[click any image to embiggen]

Categories: , ,