I previously wrote about the Marvel shows that are coming to the Disney+ platform. But apparently there are also a host of potential Star Wars shows in the hopper at the fledgling streaming network:

Disney+ is gathering up a lot of interesting projects including a wave of Marvel Studios produced shows that include Loki, Vision & Scarlet Witch, and a series that would see Bucky and Falcon teaming-up.

Lucasfilm is no different they’ve already lined up two shows for the streaming service with Jon Favreau’s The Mandalorian (recently wrapped) and Diego Luna’s Cassian Andor prequel series is next up. It sounds like they’re not stopping with the two shows we’ve already heard about.

We’ve now got our hands on a list of potential Star Wars shows that could be put into development. The five shows on the list our source provided us includes streaming series focusing on characters such as Princess Leia (young), Captain Phasma, The Knights of Ren, Rose Tico, and the big standout that caught our eye was one for Sith Lord Darth Bane.

To be crystal clear this is very very early days and these are not shows about to go into production these are just ideas they’re considering internally at Lucasfilm/Disney.

So my initial reaction to this article was Cassian is getting his own show?!. I hadn't heard about that.

After the shock of that news wore off, I started to ruminate on the potential with the five ideas mentioned.


Princess Leia. Yes. All of the time. A story about a young Leia growing up on Alderaan would be fantastic.

Captain Phasma. Meh. Okay, I suppose. Phasma didn't impress me in either of the two most recent Star Wars saga entries. I felt as though the character was shallow and only the husk of a female-version-of-Boba-Fett. It's certainly possible that a great origin story could be told that would fill in the blanks - but I think that writer's time would be better spent on some of the other options.

Knights of Ren. See my response to Leia. YES. I'd love to see how Kylo Ren put together the Knights, and what badassery they got into under his tutelage.

Rose Tico. Really? I mean sure, she held a pretty pivotal role in The Last Jedi. And it's clear that there is something going on with her and Finn. I just don't see an entire show devoted to that character. Perhaps I'm alone in feeling this way, but I didn't think that Rose added much to the overall story.

Darth Bane. Interesting. If you're unfamiliar with Bane, check out this quick tutorial. I think that a story about Bane would be great. Given that all we have ever gotten from cannon is that he established the "Rule of Two" (there are only two Sith at any given time, a master and an apprentice), it would be nice to have a little more detailed information in the saga cannon.

All in all I think that Disney+ could do a show for every one of these characters. But, of the five options, the two clear stand-outs for me are Leia and the Knights of Ren. What do you think?

Categories: , ,