credit: Lucasfilm
It's official: the Wife and I are now founding subscribers of Disney Plus (or is it Disney+? What's the branding here gang?).

If you've been living under a rock - or not reading my stuff - I've previously talked about the new streaming service HERE and HERE. Oh, and HERE, and HERE. I might be a fan. Maybe.

Anyway, after long deliberations, I conned my partner-in-crime to lock-in to a three-year subscription (because we were offered a reduced rate, or something).

Everything that you need to know about Disney's streaming service can be found at CNET's great write-up.

What's the Disney streaming service?
The Disney Plus streaming service will be a competitor to video streaming services such as Netflix, HBO Now and Apple TV Plus. It's a paid subscription without any advertising, and it gives customers access to a vast library of Disney's and Fox's legacy content as well as new, exclusive TV shows, movies, documentaries and shorts.

Awesome, right?

But, while I'm certainly excited about the collection of all of the nerd-heavy movie series (like Star Wars and the entirety of the Marvel Cinematic Universe), what I'm most interested in are some of the new television series that connect to those movie universes. I'm talking about Loki, Hawkeye, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, and the poorly-named WandaVision (all from the Marvel side of the house). And we should DEFINITELY throw in some Mandalorian for good measure.

Now, add to that the news that Disney Plus will be running classic animated shows (like X-Men and Spider-Man) - and I can't wait for November to get here!

Editor's note: at no point have I been compensated to post anything about Disney Plus or associated Disney properties. For all I know, it could wind up sucking. I am merely a fanboy who is excited at the prospect of having all of these great movies and shows in one place. Wannafightaboutit?

Categories: ,