I'll confess: I didn't know this was a thing. Apparently it is.

I'll also confess: I'm addicted to Fortnite. Apparently I am a 14-year-old.

About two years ago my son scrimped and saved his cash, bought a gaming computer and started playing Fortnite. I was intrigued by the 'battle royale' aspect of the game (where nearly 100 players loaded into the game and fought to the last one standing). So, I gave it a try. And another. Even thought I was terrible, I really enjoyed it.

But I didn't have a computer to use on the regular. So I downloaded the new (at the time) iOS mobile version of the game. I know, I know... mobile players are real players (at least, that's what my son says). But, I enjoy it - so BACK OFF.

I've racked up a few wins, and I've been able to get better. But I'm still terrible.

That picture in the sidebar (me with headphones on) is an early attempt at playing. -->

Any other awful gamer-dads out there?



Categories: