Look carefully at this Deadspin article, or you might miss it:

Disney’s Marvel Studios reigned Friday night at the 45th Annual Saturn Awards at the Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles. Avengers: Endgame, the highest-grossing film in Hollywood history, led the night in wins (six) and nominations (14) with actors from Marvel productions taking home the lion’s share of gala’s gleaming hardware.

The finale installment of the Marvel big-screen saga was named best comic-to-film release. Robert Downey Jr.’s swan song performance as Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, in Endgame earned him the best actor in a film award. (Downey will be seen in the role of Stark one more time, however, in the Marvel prequel Black Widow in May 2020.) Josh Brolin, who portrayed the calculating, grape-colored alien despot called Thanos, won as the best supporting actor in a film for Avengers: Endgame as well.

My emphasis.

Ethan Anderton at SlashFilm adds to the fun:

Even though this is a surprising development, it makes perfect sense. Black Widow has been confirmed to take place between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. That means Tony Stark is still very much alive, just like Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson), and since the former agent of SHIELD was Team Iron Man during Civil War, it would make sense that the two would run into each other after the events of that movie. More than likely it’s just a brief appearance before Black Widow heads off for her solo adventure, but hey, we’ll take more Robert Downey Jr. however we can get it.

How awesome is that?! Although, before I get too hyped about it, Downey Jr. will likely appear in a cameo-sized role, a la Spiderman: Homecoming (more than a Stan Lee cameo, but less than a title-card credit showing). Should be a cool flick no matter how you (or Black Widow) slices it. I'm most excited to see how they portray Red Guardian.

Of late, my daughter has been forcing me and the family to watch Stranger Things on the Netflix. Of all of the characters on that show, David Harbour's Chief Hopper is by far my favorite character. I think he's going to be awesome as Red Guardian:



It's something where I didn't think that I would nerd-out because I thought I was a cool adult.

Indeed man. I say that type of thing just about every day.

Categories: ,