A little over two years ago my family "cut the cord" from satellite television and went full-tilt into streaming services. I've talked previously about my love/obsession with Disney Plus and we also have a subscription to Prime Video (my most recent win there is The Boys). Additionally, we share a subscription to Hulu and Netflix. One other service that I recommend is Vudu - as they have a large catalog of streaming options (though you have to occasionally sit through a commercial or two).


I was perusing some of my usual entertainment haunts online and found (via Cinemablend) that Sling TV is offering free service right now:

On Wednesday, March 18, Sling TV launched the streaming initiative being dubbed "Stay in & SLING!," as a way to keep people around the country entertained and informed without having to worry about costs. To be expected from a free service like this, Sling TV can't offer the kinds of shows and movies that major streaming services like Netflix and Disney+ are constantly adding, but there's still a lot to dig into for those who need laughs, scares and knowledge.

Cinemablend puts Sling's streaming options into four categories: news, "bingeable shows", movies, and live television.

Not everything appears to be free. There are shows that seem to require a subscription, and others that do not.


Still, I think that I'm going to check it out because, depending on how long this self-quarantining lasts, my family wants needs to have lots of entertainment options on-hand.

If you are interested like I am, head over to Sling to see what's what.




Categories: ,