Summed up in three words: Family. Star Wars.

Today, we'll cover family. 

My brother lives in east Texas with his wife and two young boys. On December 23rd, they drove (yikes) the 22 hour trip to come and see us in central Pennsylvania. The four of them and my mother moved into my house for a week-long family vacation. I joked that they were staying at an Air BnB(ert). 

Some highlights:


 Christmas Eve service at my mother's church (where she is the organist and choir director):




A family walk (to Sheetz for free coffee!) on Christmas day:






 Playtime with the cousins:




Lots of time spent at my new bar (more to come on that later):


One afternoon it was in the 50s outside so we went to a park:







Brotherly love:


Some cute BB-8 twinning:





My brother and his family at the Nittany Lion Shrine:


And the whole McBrayer clan at the Nittany Lion Shrine!

I had originally intended on going back to work yesterday (Thursday, January 2nd). However, after eight days of having two young boys running around (not to mention my doggo), I decided to extend my break until next Monday. It certainly is nice to have a quiet house again, and I wanted to take advantage of a couple of quiet days prior to my return to the office.

Oh, don't misunderstand; I love having family around to celebrate the holidays. But, I have to hand it to my brother and sister-in-law. I am not cut out for running around with toddlers! I need a vacation from my vacation!

From my family to yours, I hope you had a fantastic holiday season!


Categories: