My 13-year-old daughter is simply crazy for the uber-popular Netflix series Stranger Things. There's really no other way to describe it.

And when the above trailer hit the Series of Tubes the other day, my wife got a frantic text from her: "STRANGER THINGS 4!"

I'll be honest; I think that the show is... okay. It certainly has it's awesome moments, and the writing is really good. What I find most compelling is the absolute feeling of nostalgia. When we're watching and I see an old-school McDonald's commercial on the TV in the background of a scene, or hear some Olivia Newton John coming out of a transistor radio, I'm instantly transported back to the 1980s and my childhood.

What's cool about this season four trailer is that it's titled, "From Russia With Love". As a big fan of the James Bond franchise of movies (and books!), that grabbed my attention (even if the nod is lost on my daughter's generation).

Along with the trailer, the Duffer Brothers released a statement:

“We’re excited to officially confirm that production on ‘Stranger Things 4’ is now underway — and even more excited to announce the return of Hopper!” the Duffer brothers wrote in a statement. “Although it’s not all good news for our ‘American;’ he is imprisoned far from home in the snowy wasteland of Kamchatka, where he will face dangers both human…and other. Meanwhile, back in the states, a new horror is beginning to surface, something long buried, something that connects everything. Season 4 is shaping up to be the biggest and most frightening season yet, and we cannot wait for everyone to see more. In the meantime, pray for the American.”

Interesting. And I'm sure that my daughter will be screaming with both terror and delight when the show starts back up on Netflix later this year or early in 2021.

Categories: